For many of us, the onset of spring is a reminder to start our annual spring decluttering, organizing, and cleaning. Here’s 6 great reasons why you should have your fireplace or wood stove swept in the spring.
1. You save money by taking advantage of the spring discount we offer. In order to spread out the work load, a discount is offered to home owners that have their chimneys swept in the spring or summer, instead of the busy fall season. As the temperature begins to drop in the fall, chimney sweeps get very busy.
2. You schedule the sweeping appointment for a time that is most convenient for you. Because The Chimney Swift’s schedule is more flexible at this time of the year, it is easier to accommodate your schedule. You also avoid a long wait that can sometimes occur when appointments are made in the very busy fall season.
3. You give yourself peace of mind. Having your wood burning system inspected and serviced in the spring or summer means one less item to attend to in the fall when there are so many other things to do.
4. Knowing new information about your wood burning system early in the summer allows you time to deal with any changes or repairs well before the next heating season. If you plan to discuss altering or updating your wood burning system, our WETT certified technician can suggest options that will best suit your needs. Also, if the WETT certified technician discovers any issues during his inspection, he can bring these to your attention and discuss with you various options that are available
5. You avoid re-scheduling a chimney sweeping appointment because of bad weather. When a storm or an ice covered roof prevents the chimney sweep from sweeping the chimney flue, an appointment must sometimes be re-scheduled. So avoid this by having the chimney swept in the summer months when your roof is obviously clear of snow and ice.
6. You get to enjoy the heat and ambiance from your wood burning fireplace and stove without interruption. Having your chimney swept during the heating season means having no fire burning the day before your appointment because the wood burning system must be cold in order to sweep it. This can cause some discomfort to the homeowner who relies on their wood burning system to provide a good portion of the home’s heat. So….having it serviced in the summer, when it’s not being used, will prevent any interruptions in your heating routine.
There’s something about spring cleaning a home that just feels great, and it’s even better when your wood burning fireplace or woodstove have also been cleaned.
So… phone today to schedule your appointment.
The Chimney Swift will always send a WETT certified technician to service your wood burning system.